The Safety Squad Wants to Help Protect Your Cannabis Rights .
Volunteers that work with the safety squad will be available 24 hours a day to take messages and calls from local dispensaries as well as other activists and volunteers. If your dispensary is being RAIDED or you are being harassed by the police CALL 1-888-856-2526 and report your location name and address as well as what is happening. We will attempt to get volunteers to your location rapidly. Also make sure to video any police activity so you can send it to use latter.
We are always looking for volunteers who want more experience or to share skills such as people with drivers licenses who can help drive to dispensaries with other volunteers.
Some reasons why people are joining the Safety Squad:
- We know that patients rights should always come before profits for municipal agencies.
- Your choice of medicine is protected by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- The Supreme Court of Canada has made it clear through many favorable rulings that cannabis patients have the right to grow, buy and posses their medicine in Canada.
- Furthermore we all know it is morally objectionable to arrest people and imprison them for victim-less crimes like trading or farming Cannabis plants.
- Putting people in jail for possessing dried flowers like marijuana is flawed public policy.
- The Criminal Code of Canada and the Controlled Substances Act must be amended to reflect public opinion, and to prevent more people from being arrested for crimes without victims.